Friday, May 22, 2015

May 22, 2015

Welcome to the weekend families!  Here's how our Friday went:


  1. Opening Exercises - we did a Mad Minute (addition)
  2. Memory verse check - there's just a few more students who have to ace their 'Big 12' memory test!  They'll have two more weeks to try. We resume regular spelling words next week as well.
  3. R.W. - we finished our Chapter 5 comprehension questions from our literature study
  4. Chromebooks! - I introduced Chromebooks to the students today using just the Chromebook I have.  This gave them the opportunity to ask any questions they had about our new computers without being overwhelmed with information in front of them.
  5. Music - with Mr. Banman
  6. Math - the Grade 4's started 2 digit by 1 digit multiplication today and the 3's worked with arrays to help them multiply
  7. DPA - we played my first round of 'Every Man For Himself' dodgeball, which was fun.  The kids had me in hysterics I was laughing so hard by the end (yes, I like to get in and play with them.  I admit, I'm still partially a kid myself sometimes!).
  8. Science - we reviewed how seeds travel, and briefly discussed the food we eat that comes from plants
  9. Art -After doing a much-needed desk clean, we did some watercolour painting.  I realize we've hardly used these paints, which is why I've removed them from the supply list next year.  I'll just move the kid's sets down to the new classroom for next year. :)

I'll be sending home an email right away about a few situations taking place upstairs.  Please talk with your children about the seriousness of both. Your support at home is so beneficial to the school environment and the messages they receive from me.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment