Wednesday, October 30, 2013

October 30, 2013

What a busy, albeit short, day we had today!  The students worked very hard, and accomplished a lot.

We started with Writing Workshop.  Has your child told you about the Opening Exercises we do most days?  It's working on their grammar, punctuation and spelling and gets everyone to work right away in the morning.  We started with that today, and then went on to a lesson on transitions in writing (also, finally, then, etc.).  The students are now working on bringing a personal narrative through to the published phase, and for some this has become a race.  I'm hoping they're not too discouraged when they meet with me and I send them back with lots of changes to make to improve their writing!

After WW we had RW, and I read aloud to the students from 'Matilda' (I figured they needed a break after their hard work in writing!).  Then they had some time for Independent Reading.

This was followed by recess, and then Math.  The grade 4's continued through their work in estimation and likely have one or two questions to complete for homework.  The 3's are working with number lines and noticing patterns when counting by 5's, 10's and 100's.

Then the students had P.E. and P.O.W. with Mr. Banman.

After lunch we had S.S., and the students started on a project where they will create a treasure map. This should be loads of fun while building their mapping skills.  I'm looking forward to seeing their final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment