The day began with WW, and the class had a surprise Grammar quiz. Overall they did well, and I think one of the most significant lessons they can learn from it is to read the questions thoroughly. Many of the students lost marks because they didn't do what the question asked. If you see an area that your child is struggling with at Grammar and you're willing to work with them at home, please let me know and I'll put together some activities (and websites if I can find related ones) for you.
Then we went on to continuing on our fractured fairytales. We're going to publish these ones, and actually type them in the lab, which will be fun and good keyboarding practice as well.
For RW today we corrected some previous chapter's work, and then started to read chapter 14 of
Charlotte's Web.
After recess was the math test, which came home to be signed by you, and then we did a long overdue desk clean. The class had P.E. with Mrs. Burns today (Mr. Banman was away), and then did some catch up work (aka 'Ketchup and Pickles')
I had the pleasure of being in the audience for three delightful role plays about Christopher Columbus today during S.S.! The kids worked hard and did an excellent job portraying the attempted mutiny of the crew during Columbus' expedition across the Atlantic in search of the Indies.
No comments:
Post a Comment