Good afternoon everyone! We started today with WW, and the students are continuing with their fractured fairytales. My reluctant writers are struggling with the 2 page minimum I gave them (double-spaced), so I'm working a lot on the importance of including details in their writing so that the reader pictures exactly what the writer intends. I'll read the child's writing and then tell them what I'm visualizing so that they can see where the gaps are. Feel free to encourage your child to bring his or her writing home so that you can do the same.
This was followed by RW and we continued through our work affiliated with Chapter 11 from Charlotte's Web and then went on to reading some more from The Hobbit.
After recess the class had Math, and the 4's built some prisms from nets today, while the 3's worked on creating other polygons using more than one polygon. Then they had P.E., and then P.O.W. with Mr. Banman.
Our afternoon was spent working on personal timelines, and some students brought these home tonight so that they can fill in a few blanks that they couldn't recall, hopeful that you can help them out!
No comments:
Post a Comment