It's so hard to believe that we're actually in the last month of this school year already! We have lots to do yet, both work and play, so this month is sure to be a busy one. The students are definitely excited for summer holidays!
We began the day with an assembly, and then we had our opening exercise, which today was a math drill. Again, I encourage you to work on these at home as it will make what we're doing in math right now so much simpler for your child. Then it was on to RW (independent reading), followed by Spelling and DPA, which we did outside to enjoy the beautiful weather.
Following recess we had Math, and both grades completed work from last week and the 3's went on to learn about related multiplication and division sentences. Then we worked on our animal research projects, and almost everyone is done their research, which is great news.
After lunch we had Science, and the class worked on a fun little project we're doing with our weather unit called 'Weather Station'. Ask them to tell you about it, but basically they get to do a weather report. The only downfall was that I couldn't, no matter how hard I tried, find a simplified Canadian weather map so we're stuck using U.S. maps. It could be worse, I supposed, but it's not quite what I had hoped for.
Mrs. Campbell led chapel today, which we attended during the last block of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment