Wednesday, October 29, 2014

October 29, 2014

I'm sorry for the late blog post today - drama club went a little long so I'm quickly trying to get everything done!


  1. Opening exercises - the children did a pumpkin word search
  2. W.W. - they continued on their narratives, focusing on paragraphs
  3. Grammar - I did a semi-formal assessment with the children today on what we've learned so far in grammar.  I didn't want them to prepare ahead of time as I truly wanted to know how much had been retained.  Feel free to ask them how they did.  I didn't required a signature.
  4. DPA - the class taught me how to play dungeon ball, and everyone had a blast.
  5. Music - with Mr. Banman
  6. Math - the Grade 4's ventured into multiplication, reviewing what they've already learned and building on those skills.  The 7x and 8x tables are the toughest to memorize.  Please work with your children on these at home (I have flash cards you may borrow if you like).  Remind them to use some of the strategies we've learned in class (for example if you have 8x4, you know that 8x2 = 16, so just double it to find out 8x4).  The 3's continued with learning how to represent one number in more than one way using base ten materials
  7. S.S. - the class started their community postcard project.  These will eventually be brought home for you to see the fruits of their labour. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment