Friday, October 31, 2014

October 31, 2014

Happy last day of the month everyone!  I'm writing our blog in the morning with a plan of what we'll do (no guarantees!) as I have to leave the school quickly after dismissal today for medical reasons (nothing to be concerned about).

Here's the plan:


  1. Opening exercises - the students will do a Mad Minute.  Ask them how they did compared to their last Mad Minute.  Did they beat their score?  That's the goal, not whether they did better than other students.
  2. Spelling test and memory check - marks will be in their planers
  3. R.W. - We'll be finishing up some previous work from our Literature Study and Guided Reading, and then going on to Independent Reading
  4. W.W. - The students will continue working on their postcards for S.S., writing about a community in B.C. that they have researched
  5. Computers - we will spend time on All the Right Type today
  6. Music - with Mr. Banman
  7. Math - Miss Dyck will teach Math today as I have a meeting.  The Grade 3's will work on skip counting by 3s and 4s, and the 4's are using skip counting to multiply (now you see why I swapped the unit the 4's were working on, as this one works better with the unit the 3's are on).
  8. Science - we're talking about what causes day and night today.  Ask your child about the experiment we did with the styrofoam ball!
  9. D.P.A. - I have some hilarious dance time planned to some fabulous children's songs..we should have a good time with this!
  10. Art - We're finishing our spirographs, adding the spiders to them as well.  These will be displayed in the hallway.
  11. B.U.G. draw - I'm doing this right before dismissal.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone, and if you're venturing out tonight, stay safe and dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment