- Opening Exercises - we began the day with a picture that the children wrote an O.W.I. on. The snapshot was of three young boys, laughing together, and one appeared to be whispering something to the other. The class enjoyed writing three Observations, 2 Wonders, and 1 Inference on it.
- Spelling - Unit 17 and Psalm 98:4-6 this week
- R.W. - we spent a big chunk of time on independent reading today because I really want to give all the students a chance to get started on Book Adventure (www.bookadventure.com). They can access this from home as well, and can earn prizes in class based on quizzes they do from books they've read.
- Math - we continued with estimating to find differences
- P.E. -with Mr. Banman
- S.S. - what a thoughtful discussion our class had today on government (local). I'm excited to delve into this unit, and I received an awesome parcel from Elections Canada as well to supplement my plans. This group of children is so inquisitive and keen to learn more about how our community is governed!
- Chapel - led by Mrs. Bloch
Search This Blog
Monday, January 26, 2015
January 26, 2015
The sun was shining through our windows this afternoon and so much learning was taking place! Our room was a wonderful spot to be on this spring-like January day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment