Friday, January 30, 2015

January 30, 2015

Dear parents,

Today the children are going to help me write the blog.  I'm going to type it, and they're telling me what to type.  Here's what happened in our classroom today:


  1. Opening Exercises (written by Alexus):  Today we did Opening Exercises.  We did a journal entry about 'If We Were Sick What Would We Do at Home?".  I wrote about how if I was sick, I would not be at school.  I'd be at home on the couch watching TV! I would be sleeping A LOT!!!
  2. Spelling Test and Memory (written by Seth): We didn't all get A+ but we had lots of fun.  Mrs. Bergen told funny stories to go with the words.
  3. Reading Workshop (written by Wonjun): We read a book from Book Adventure. Not everyone did a quiz, but we had fun.
  4. Writing Workshop (written by Caleb): We worked on our Big Books.  I was working on my book called, "The Journey Through Time". Some of us finished our books, the book binder did not work.  Mrs. Bergen pushed every button she could.  Mrs. Everett and Mr. Morrow came into our classroom to help us. We couldn't put our books together, but some people put them together by hand.  
  5. Computers (written by Irelyn): Today in Computers, we did All The Right Type.  Some people finished certain paragraphs.  Other people worked on tests on ATRT.  We all had a great time!
  6. Recess (written by Jakin): We stayed inside because Mrs. Ryskamp wasn't here and she was the supervisor.  She was skating.  Then we went outside and played soccer.  It was a tie game, 2-2.
  7. Music (written by Tyson): During Music we did some work on Note Flight composing songs and listening to them.  It took us about half the class time just to log on.  Mr. Banman had just enough time to teach us a few little tricks and then we had to go. 
  8. Math (written by Jack): In Math I was doing my Xtra Math because I was done, and the other people were probably doing something to do with subtraction and estimating.  I started a cool domino track during Math, but Mrs. Bergen was so mean and made me clean it up.  This was one of the best Math class ever!
  9. Lunch (written by Elvis): At lunch we played soccer and I got hit in the face by Tyrone.  The game ended up with tied teams, so it was 2-2, so it was really fair.
  10. Science (written by Adia): We studied about planets.  I'm studying Jupiter and I learned that it's beige, white, red, and orange.  Jack is my partner and we work well together.  
  11. B.U.G. Draw (written by Mrs. Bergen): The draw was a success.  Five students will be joining me for a pizza lunch next Friday.
  12. Art (written by Mrs. Bergen): We finished up our hand projects from last week.  These will be on display next week on our bulletin board.
Have a super weekend everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment