Welcome to November everyone! We had a typical November day today, what with the gloomy weather outside! The kids seemed a bit hyper today (I wonder why?) but we made the best of it.
The class started with devotions with Mrs. Everett, and then we had our Spelling test and memory verse check. This was followed with RW, where the kids got an O.W.I. from me. Ask them if they remember what it stands for (O - Observe, W = Wonder, I = Infer). This is done to promote deeper thinking with nonfiction work, and we will doing it on a regular basis with our Opening Exercises.
After Recess we had Math, and the Grade 4's are working on strategies for mental math. They have some homework on this, as well as 3 digit addition. The Grade 3's are continuing on finding patterns using a number line.
Then the students had WW, and they continued working on their personal narratives. When they conference with me we make a lot of changes, which can be overwhelming for some students. I'm encouraging them and reminding them that these changes are to challenge them and make them think more deeply about their writing.
We had some time in the lab today and the students worked on All The Right Type.
Our S.S. block was used to work on the Treasure Maps the children are creating, using a compass, a grid, and a legend.
The class ended their day with P.E. with Mr. Banman. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment