Monday, November 25, 2013

November 25, 2013

We went right into a new week with an O.W.I. (Observe Wonder Infer).  Be sure to ask your child about today's O.W.I., as it was a pretty interesting photo from India that we used.

Then they were assigned to their new Guided Reading groups (hooray!), and made some predictions about what their novels were about.  We'll delve into the books and actually do some reading tomorrow. They also had some time to work on their 'Henry' projects, which will be due at the end of the week.

Then we had the Spelling Pre-Test, which proved to be challenging for many, particularly the Grade 3's.  Study hard this week!

For DPA we did stretching.  I have heard some concerns about the use of the term 'yoga' which was what I called this prior to today, but rest assured we are only stretching.  The video we follow is all different animal poses (Gerald the Giraffe, Cameron the Crocodile, etc.).  There is no reference to anything faith-based or worshiping false Gods.  If you have any concerns, please let me know.

After Recess we had WW and the children continued on their newspaper articles.  I even had the pleasure of being interviewed by a student for an article which proved highly entertaining for both of us!

Then we had Math, and the students emptied out their duotangs (check their backpacks for the contents, and do as you wish with it) as they were bulging at the seams.  On to a new unit, which for both grades is Number Operations.

After Lunch we did another light experiment in the gym (the only dark room we can find!) with our reflectometers.  We ended the day with chapel, where Mrs. Ryskamp talked about believing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment