Friday, April 10, 2015

April 10, 2015

We had, for the most part, a wonderful Friday today.  Here's how the day rolled out:


  1. Opening Exercises - we started a Paragraph Edit today, which we'll be doing more frequently in Term 3.  These are different for each grade.  Ask your child what they had to do with theirs!
  2. Memory verse check - I'm sorry, but I didn't get these marked today in time for dismissal.  The children will bring them  home Monday
  3. DPA - we enjoyed a game of Dungeon Ball today
  4. R.W. - independent reading
  5. Computers - ATRT
  6. Music -with Mr. Banman
  7. Math - the Grade 3's worked on perimeter of polygons and the 4's worked on finding area in metres
  8. Science - today we learned about constellations.  I sent an email home about the app, SkyView Free, that can be downloaded onto any Apple device for free and allows you to figure out which constellations are where in our sky.  The children have been asked to find constellations in the sky this weekend if the weather cooperates and they're allowed to stay up until it's dark outside.
  9. Art - our day took a big turn for the worse here.  I think many of the students were very excited about the approaching weekend and then we added sponge painting to that and it didn't end well.  A group (they know who they are) were having a very difficult time following instructions, working quietly, and getting their task done.  Needless to say, the lesson ended abruptly as it obviously wasn't going well.  Instead, we cleaned up, and then I read a Christmas story (yes, I know, odd), to them.  There was a method to my madness though, as it was a story I've wanted to read to them since Christmas, and purely for the artistic value.  The author, Barbara Reid, is also the illustrator, and every picture is made out of plasticine!  The kids enjoyed it, and it seemed to settle everyone on their way out the door and ended the day in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment