Monday, April 20, 2015

April 20, 2015

Good afternoon everyone!  I'm so thankful for the beautiful weather we've been enjoying.  Hopefully you had an opportunity to enjoy it with your family this past weekend.  I spent a bit too long in the sun at Parker's baseball game (time to dust off the sunscreen bottle!) and ended up a wee bit red!

Here's how our day played out:


  1. Opening exercises - we completed an O.W.I. of a humourous photoshopped photo of some ants fishing for something.
  2. Spelling and memory - words and verse are on the blog under 'Spelling and Memory', and the verse this week is Psalm 98:4-6
  3. R.W. - the students did independent reading, followed by some time to work on their Ch. 2 literature study activities, and then I read aloud from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
  4. Math - The Grade 3's did some additional activities on equal parts and the 4's started figuring out problems such as 1/3 of 9, or 2/5 or 10.
  5. S.S. - we continued our study of pioneers, today focusing on how they prepared the land for their homesteads
  6. Chapel - led by Mrs. Bloch (self-control was the topic - ask your child what they had to do in order to demonstrate self-control)

No comments:

Post a Comment