Thursday, April 23, 2015

April 23, 2015

Hello everybody!  Here's what happened  today:


  1. Opening Exercises - the class wrote a journal entry that started with, "I wish my teacher knew...".  This stemmed from a news report I heard about another teacher who did the same activity and received some heartfelt responses.  I haven't yet read their entries, but I'm eager to see them.
  2. R.W. - the children read from our literature study, and then went on to work on a diary entry of the main character, Gladys (if they were done the comic strip from chapter 2)
  3. Handwriting - Grade 3 finished their upper-case cursive letters with X and Z and the 4's practiced their printing (yes, you read that right!)
  4. Math - the Grade 3's worked on making equal parts of a whole and using the term 'fraction' for the first time, and the 4's continued with fractions of a whole
  5. W.W. - we continued in the lab.  Many students have finished their 'Typical Day' writing.  These might be emailed home once most of the class is done, to be completed there.
  6. P.E. - with Mr. Banman
  7. R.W. - with Mr. Ediger
  8. Chapel - led by Mr. Ediger

No comments:

Post a Comment