It was another busy day today as we continue to work on routines and classroom management, along with starting some subjects. Mrs. Everett led devotions this morning, and then we had Reading Workshop (RW), where the students listened to a book talk and then did some Independent Reading (they are reading silently while I am conferring with individual students to discuss what they're reading, whether or not it's appropriate for their reading level, what they're enjoying about the book, and what they find challenging).
After recess we had Math, which was challenging as both grades were doing tough work at their grade levels. We are working on patterns right now, and the Grade 3's are using pattern blocks to do their activities. The Grade 4's are working with a hundreds chart.
Then we started a Bio Poem about ourselves, which we will publish in the next couple of weeks, and afterwards we ventured off to the computer lab. You can ask your child about it, but it ended up being a bit of a flop. By the time we got the computers started up, and discovered that the website I had hoped to use was not so useful, it was time to go outside for lunch! I promised them that next time will be more productive. I hope to do some word processing with the students in computers, as well as some typing practice.
After lunch we had Science, and started our unit on Light and Sound. The students made a quick cover page for this unit in their duotangs, and then we discussed where sound comes from using a drum, a whistle and a balloon. Be sure to ask your child about our experiments in class! They then completed a worksheet based on this activity.
The children ended their day with P.E., taught by Mr. Banman.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone, and I look forward to our first full week next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment