Well, we made it! The first half day of Grade 3/4 is complete and the children all went out with smiles on their faces so I'd say it was a success.
Most of today was spent getting organized. We labeled our duotangs, exercise books, etc., and found a home for all the extra things. If your child was missing anything then they wrote what was missing on a yellow post-it note, which hopefully makes it home. Please ensure that they bring anything that was missing to school tomorrow.
We had a brief assembly today too, where Mr. Morrow welcomed everyone back to school. I mentioned in that assembly that I will be starting a drama club next Wednesday at lunch for students Gr. 4 and up who are interested.
Please complete the yellow handout your child brought home at the back of the newsletter and return it to school tomorrow. Also, please initial your child's planner.
I'm excited about the year ahead and the plans God has for this classroom. The students are eager to learn and I can't wait to start the journey with them.
Please feel free to comment below as to how your child felt today went - was it exciting for them? Too slow? Do they feel organized? Are they eager for tomorrow or nervous? If you have any questions at all, please feel free to post them here too, or if they are of a more private nature, feel free to email me anytime (kbergen@cascadechristian.ca).

Hi Mrs. Bergen! Jack has been hesitant all summer about his very first day of school. When he came home today, I asked him how it was and he said, "School was awesome!". Thanks so much! Looking forward to meeting you.
ReplyDeleteCheryl Gates
I'm so happy to hear that Cheryl! Jack is a pleasure to have in our class and I hope he feels completely at home soon. Pop by anytime!
ReplyDelete