Monday, September 8, 2014

September 8, 2014

Good afternoon everybody! Here's what happened today:


  1. Opening exercises - we started our first O.W.I. today!  O.W.I. stands for Observe, Wonder and Infer.  Today we focused on the 'O' part of it and wrote three sentences about a picture we saw, describing what we could see in the picture.  This task will help the children with their writing in days to come.
  2. Spelling & Memory Verse - the students did their pre-check of the list words from Unit 1, and received their first memory verse for the year.  Please click on the 'Spelling and Memory' tab at the top of the page to see the words and verse.  They will be tested on Friday.
  3. R.W. (Reading Workshop) - I worked with the Grade 4's on their Guided Reading assignment today while the 3's worked independently based on what we read last week.
  4. Math - Today we started some work with patterns and relations, talking about pattern rules, and how a pattern can start with one shape and then we add something each time.
  5. P.E. - with Mr. Banman.  I heard that they played dodgeball and cat and mouse!
  6. S.S. - we began our mapping unit.  After having some fun with Google Earth we went on to begin colouring our first map.  I've emphasized in class the importance of colouring a map very carefully with attention to detail.
  7. Chapel - I led chapel today and we talked all about how God asks us to work/labor for Him, and that if we didn't ever work, we wouldn't likely be very productive helpful people.  We also started singing our theme song for the year, which is 'Joy' from the Rend Collective.



No comments:

Post a Comment