We had an awesome day today. With the rain outside, both recess and lunch were indoors, and the kids (and I!) really enjoyed the time together. Here are a few photos from lunch recess:
The day began with devotions with Mrs. Everett, and then we spent a bit of time practicing the memory verse for next week. Afterwards we had our marathon Reader's Workshop, starting with a lengthy session of independent reading. This was followed by finished Chapter 19 in Charlotte's Web and working on the associated questions.
After recess we had Math and the Grade 3's were thrilled to move on to division today! Please feel free to work with them on this at home (basic facts - they don't know beyond 5x5). Jack pointed out while he was eating his crackers that he could practice division with them, pretending he had to share with some friends and figuring out how many he'd give to each of them. That was the perfect example of making Math applicable, which is what I'm trying to do for these children every day. They must know how mathematics is useful in their lives!
Before lunch we started an exciting project called a Poetry Webquest. This is an electronic project, and it's due June 10th. If the students want to work on it at home, they are more than welcome to, but I will have to email a copy to you/them first and then they'll have to email it back.
The afternoon started with Science, and we had a couple of students who had yet to share their severe weather posters so we took care of that first. Then we enjoyed a Bill Nye video about storms that I've been intending to show the class for weeks but time hasn't permitted until today. The class concluded their day with P.E.
As the year is drawing to close, I've been reflecting on the past 8 months. Your children are such treasures to me. Each one brings something unique and valuable to our classroom. Next year will bring changes for all of us, and there's definitely a part of me that feels melancholy at the thought that I won't be teaching all of them in 2014/2015. Thank you for raising such delightful children and for giving me the opportunity to teach them!



Thank-you Kendra. They are so blessed to have a teacher that treasures them so much!!!
ReplyDeleteYou're so kind Steph (and your comment led me to realize I hadn't added the photos on this post. They're there now!).
Delete